Sunday, June 12, 2011

Countdown to Departure

We are leaving in 2 weeks and 6 days and there's so much to do.  Back Roads Bessie has her large print atlas that she just got in the mail so she can find the most out-of-the-way random roads possible with as few trucks as possible.  I think the first time she sees a triple tractor trailers she's going to, I'm really not sure what she's going to do!!!  But I can't wait to see it!!! 

I saw my first TTT (triple tractor trailer) in Nevada and it wasn't pretty.  They drive along at 65 or 70mph, swaying in the breeze.  It's crazy!!  Fortunately, anytime we saw one they were on the other side of the road, or I know we would have been passing them.  I shudder at that thought!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear that's going to be a looooong trip! Luckily once you get into the more westerly states there's a lot less traffic, and some stretches of not much of anything. We moved from Wyoming to Ohio a couple of months ago, on highways, it took four days. My number one tip, once you hit Nebraska or Wyoming or thereabouts, make sure you know how far until the next gas station, you don't want to run out of gas out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the advice Beck! Living on the east coast it's easy to forget just how far away everything is out there. I've only been out that way once and was completely shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't bother to go to Mitchell, S.D. to see the Corn Palace. We went out of our way when we were in S.D. because the AAA guidebook said it was something not to be missed -- but at least in 1982, it wasn't worth a detour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's in Mitchell, SD? Also, you are registering as unknown so I was wondering which friend you are :)

    ReplyDelete